Conventional connection systems usually require a lot of space of the limited installation volume which is available and are therefore not always the best solution.
These cases require printed circuit boards which allow a three-dimensional installation and this way fully utilize the available space and which offer more freedom of design with rigid-flex PCBs.
Symmetrical layer construction
- Higher planarity thanks to the symmetrical layer construction and the rigid material on both external layers
- Higher flexibility as the flexible layers are not covered with an additional galvanic copper layer
- Higher reliability at the solder bath test (stress) and the temperature change test (shock)
- For technical reasons, high-layered rigid-flex PCBs with numerous flexible layers should always be constructed symmetrically
- Low production costs
- Cost efficient construction
- Easy to use in the further processing chain
- Snap-out technology is possible
Flexible area fanned out
- Can be manufactured fanned out or laminated together
High-speed signal transmission
- Flexible and rigid-flex PCBs for high-speed transmission
- Alternative to cable harnesses
- Saving of weight ≥ 70%
If you want to know more, please do not hesitate to contact us.